Monday 23 March 2015

Rest In Peace Lee Kuan Yew


"Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. I've spent a whole lifetime building this and as long as I'm in charge, nobody is going to knock it down." - Lee Kuan Yew (1980).

I feel privileged to have lived in an era where a great man took a small nation and made it really special.  I am of course referring to Singapore and the vision and drive of its modern day founder, Lee Kuan Yew, who passed away today, aged 91.

He was a man I admired greatly and one of the key reasons I decided to make Singapore my home for a period of 5 years. Yes he had his detractors, but even they would have failed to emulate his drive, vision and passion for the country.

Singapore has lost a great man today but fittingly as it celebrates its 50th Anniversary, they have gained a first world nation; all thanks to LKY and the citizens who worked under his stewardship.

My sincere condolences to the Lee family at this time.


Lee Suan Yew, Mr Lee Kuan Yew's youngest brother


No comments: